EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time, 6 hours per week
Provide Adult Basic Education instruction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively teach reading comprehension, standard English grammar, essay writing, math (arithmetic, geometry, & algebra), and test-taking skills to students.
- Must be comfortable with learner-centered, participatory lessons and a project-based approach.
- Teachers are responsible for creating her/his own curriculum and lesson plans.
- Create engaging instructional strategies and lesson plans, integrating technology.
- Provide instruction in math and/or literacy, including group instruction and one-on-one tutoring.
- Evaluate student progress using standardized assessment tools and in class quizzes.
- Integrate technology into instructional strategies.
- Adapt teaching style and strategies to maximize student learning and retention
- Meet with Program Coordinator to discuss participants’ progress.
- Attend a minimum of 18 hours of trainings/workshops (off site at the LAC Center or on site using computer based webinars).
- Attend staff development meetings on a monthly basis to receive assistance with computer based lessons plans, computer based activities for classroom usage, utilizing laptops and smart-boards in the classroom.
- Complete other assignments as directed by Program Director and Program Coordinator.
Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in related field; license to teach with the NYC Department of Education preferred. Two years teaching experience required.
APPLY TO: Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org