The Project Director oversees all aspects of the Adult Learning Center: management of a $900,000 budget; instructional leadership for and supervision of a 30-person staff; oversight of daily program operations and data management; coordination of a core team of experienced teacher-administrators; ongoing communication with a variety of partners, other Lehman College programs, offices and departments; CUNY administrators and staff developers; New York City and State agencies; and the broader adult-literacy community. In addition, the Project Director contributes to ILS long-range planning and policy development; collaborates with staff to develop new initiatives and support existing ones; and coordinates the writing of grant requests and reports.
Candidates should have:
- A strong background in adult and/or young adult literacy education in both classroom instruction and program management (minimum of five years’ combined experience).
- Expertise and extensive experience in at least three of the following areas: adult literacy pedagogy and theory; staff development; program and fund development; financial management; staff supervision; administrative and office system oversight.
- Familiarity with local and national issues in literacy education and policy.
- Strong communication, organizational, and technology skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with diverse populations and honoring student and teacher strengths and voices.
- Commitment to and experience with working in collaborative work and classroom environments.
- Advanced degree preferred – master’s or higher.
Please apply at: https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=LE-1604-001110
REVIEW OF APPLICATIONS TO BEGIN IMMEDIATELY; POSITION AVAILABLE UNTIL FILLED.