Position: Adult Literacy Center Hub Manager
- Reporting to the Associate Director of Adult Literacy and English Language Education:
- Provides leadership at a hub, supervision, and professional development needed to ensure existing and new staff have the skills to deliver instruction according to the curriculum.
- Responsible for the data and reporting necessary to assure program goals are carried out.
- Implements new program initiatives, with a special focus on staff development appropriate for improving English language and literacy proficiency and basic numeracy instruction
- Maintains connections with network managers and library managers and staff within a specified hub.
- Contributes to the development of a curriculum scope and sequence, and a training and support plan necessary to insure its implementation
- Investigates and implement new uses for instructional technology and distance learning including Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
- Schedules classes, teacher schedules, and tutoring session times
- Works directly with NYPL staff, volunteer tutors, and students, promoting and modeling effective instructional strategies, methods, and materials use, in a collaborative learning environment
- Supervises and evaluates staff and part time instructors
- Provides site coverage as necessary
- Develops an appropriate instructional collection (both print and software) and serves as an instructional resource person for the Library staff
- Contributes to the development of program reports and data collection and management
- Must be available to work at all NYPL literacy sites
- Performs related duties as required
- Master's Degree in TESOL, Adult Literacy, Linguistics, English, or other Education related focus
- Demonstrated knowledge of research-based English Language and literacy instruction for adults in the early stages of language acquisition and literacy development
- Experience leading staff development related to teaching and learning strategies that integrate computer-assisted instruction and multimedia into the curriculum
- Demonstrated experience providing team leadership and supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal standards for student achievement (NRS) and the standardized testing (Best Plus and TABE) necessary to document student gains
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Experience in teaching basic math and knowledge of systematic intensive alphabetics instruction preferred
- Demonstrated experience utilizing databases to track student information and progress
- Hub locations are St. George, Seward Park, St. Agnes, Bronx Library Center and Wakefield
- Successfully demonstrated computer and related technology skills, including Microsoft Office suite
Starting Salary: USD $62,529.00/Yr.
Jobs in Literacy
If interested, contact Irene Moulketis at firstname.lastname@example.org