We are seeking a Director of Adult Education, responsible for managing all the education programming Union Settlement offers adults, including, but not limited to HSE, ESOL, and citizenship classes. Responsibilities include curriculum development, course evaluation and scheduling, budget preparation, fiscal management, supervision and staff development, record keeping, and reporting to funding agencies. The Director is a member of the agency’s senior management team and serves as a strategic partner in planning and implementing the future vision for the agency. The Director must be both a hands-on worker and an excellent manager, supervising a staff of approximately 10 part-time staff.
The ideal Director of Adult Education candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Education or related field preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency strongly preferred.
- Significant experience managing adult education programs, with at least 5 years’ supervisory experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks effectively in a fast-paced, challenging, and constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges facing adult education populations.
Please send cover letter, resume, writing sample, salary requirements, and contact information for at least three professional references to: email@example.com.
Please indicate Director of Adult Education in the subject of e-mail.
UNION SETTLEMENT ASSOCIATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER