Topiderm strives to provide free English classes that focus on all four skills of language (reading, writing, speaking, and listening) as well as basic literacy for adults.
Many of our employees have had little to no exposure to English instruction. Our ESL program is meant to assist our motivated employees to continual improvement.
The ideal candidate must be culturally sensitive, engaging, flexible with an open-ended curriculum and have 2-5 years experience teaching ESOL
West Babylon: Monday/Wednesday, 6:15 am – 7:15 am, Beginner/Intermediate
North Amityville: Monday/Wednesday, 7:30 am – 8:30 am, Beginner/Intermediate
- Ability to design and implement an engaging curriculum
- Ability to connect with adult students from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to motivate students and communicate effectively
- Must be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of effective literacy practices
- Ability to balance lessons geared towards beginners and intermediate English speaking levels
- Must be responsible, creative, motivated, patient, and friendly
- Ability to effectively document student progress and make instructional decisions based on this data
- Must be able to uphold schedule
- Ability to handle group and one-on-one instruction.
- Bilingual/fluent in Spanish and English.
- Bachelor's degree or TESOL certificate preferred
- Teaching experience with adults preferred.
- Strong knowledge of effective literacy practices.
- Must be able to create lesson plans and assessments.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: B.Arnaiz@Topiderm.com