Program: Academic Enrichment Program
Location: Mott Haven Village Preparatory High School
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, School Principal, and Program Coordinator the Teacher is expected to perform each essential duty of this position in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required, but not limited to:
- Provide direct instruction to students in the program by implementing selected curriculum and developing expansions as requested to prepare students for June exams
- Modify curriculum to meet needs of Special Education Students and ELL students.
- Assess participant’s abilities utilizing provided assessment tools. Score assessments and develop individual educational goals as well as providing periodic feedback on student progress.
- Ensure documentation of student attendance.
- Ensure curriculum materials are respectfully treated and returned to assigned location.
- Other duties as assigned.
- New York State Board of Education Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year of teaching experience
- Understanding of Integrated Algebra Regents exam components and requirements
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- High professional standards with strong personal/professional integrity
- Demonstrated commitment to the education and advancement of the children of the Mott Haven community.
March 2015 through June 2015, generally 4-6 hours per week.
Salary: $42.00 per hour
Send Resume and Cover Letter via mail, email or fax to:
Ilene Lopez, Program Coordinator
East Side House Settlement
337 Alexander Avenue, Bronx, NY 10454
Visit our website: www.eastsidehouse.org
Absolutely No Phone Calls!