As businesses and technologies shift, the skills required to succeed in the workforce are also changing. America Works has been connecting job seekers with training opportunities to help improve their options in the current economic landscape of New York City.
The trainer will work with the literacy and fellowship team to provide skills-based, marketable training programs to adult job seekers. The person should have experience teaching, enjoy working with diverse groups of people, and be capable of learning new skills and relating that information to others. The trainer will work closely with clients in the Bronx location.
- Work with literacy team to provide job-readiness, customer service, and vocational training to low-income and unemployed adults.
- Facilitate literacy courses in Spanish and English; refer clients into programs including ESL, Home Health Traininer, OSHA 10-hour, Security, CDL and Food Handler's Certification.
- Work with literacy and training team to advertise and recruit individuals interested in particular career paths.
- Translate complex material in a way that is engaging and fun for participants.
- Assist Spanish-speaking individuals in navigating the job search process; provide assistance with resumes, job applications, and training.
- Work with sales team to connect participants in classes with employment opportunities.
- Provide general job search advice, including interview skills, resume building, and job application tips.
- Track attendance, examination, and employment outcomes for participants in courses.
- People-person: Truly loves working with others, able to relate to individuals from all walks of life, patient and understanding.
- Engaging: Strong presentation skills with a knack for engaging audiences, capable of teaching both one-on-one and large groups
- Creative: brings new methods of teaching into classroom
- Adaptable: Capable of picking up skills and projects quickly, willing to be flexible and work with team to provide best instruction possible
- Communicator: Able to relay complex materials clearly to low-literacy learners, strong interpersonal and professional communication skills
- Team player: Enjoys working with groups, able to work across departments to ensure best outcomes for students
- College degree required
- Must have 1-2 years of experience teaching
- Experience in adult education preferred
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus
Position will be based in South Bronx, but may include travel to Downtown Brooklyn and Midtown Manhattan.
Send resume to Daniel Aulbach-Sidibe at email@example.com