1199SEIU Training and Employment Funds
Bronx, NY (Grand Concourse & Fordham Road)
Monday and Wednesday 5:30-8:30pm
- Effectively teach reading comprehension, standard English grammar, essay writing, and test-taking skills
- The ability to develop lessons using extensive writing and reading practice in the content areas of science and social studies
- Must be comfortable with learner-centered, participatory lessons and a project-based approach
- Teachers are responsible for creating their own lesson plans
- Evaluate student progress using standardized assessment tools and in class quizzes
- Integrate technology into instructional strategies
- Adapt teaching style and strategies to maximize student learning and retention
- BA/BS Degree, MA/MS Degree preferred with experience teaching adults.
- Must have familiarity with the current NYS HSE exam, knowledge of TASC and Common Core State Standards.
- Must be able to multi-task and have strong communications skills.
Salary: $50 per hour
Please send email with resume to Lourdes Rivera: Lourdes.Rivera@1199Funds.org