Job Summary: Oversee portfolio of education, immigration and job readiness services to ensure quality programs, content and curriculum development, scheduling for all educational, job readiness and training programs.
Reports to: Director of Program Operations
- Lead and supervise staff of educators and case managers as well as administrative staff to implement quality programs according to city and state performance standards;
- Plan, design, develop, implement supervise and evaluate the literacy component of the program;
- Ensure that curriculum content and delivery are in compliance with city and state standards and meet established guidelines; provide needed assistance and materials for teachers to support this goal;
- Ensure that content and materials for orientation, registration and enrollment phase is ready prior to the start of the program cycle;
- Provide professional development and training for instructional staff; ensure that professional development is provided according to guidelines of the various funding sources;
- Observe, evaluate and provide trainings as needed;
- Serve as staff liaison for education related committees and associations such as NYCCAL, local and regional literacy networks (RAEN), NY Coalition for Immigrant Services, NYC DYCD;
- Monitor enrollment and ensure that enrollment targets are met for all educational and training programs each semester;
- Ensure that class rosters for educational programs are developed and managed according to enrollment targets;
- Liaise with and manage communications with funding agencies; be responsible for planning tracking and reporting on program deliverables and outcomes, using ASISTS and CAPRICORN and other reporting systems;
- Monitor and identify public and private funding opportunities, develop and submit proposals to secure funding for existing programs as well as new initiatives;
- Ensure programs meet performance targets according to contract requirements;
- Perform quality assurance and ensure compliance with federal, state, city and other funding agencies’ regulations and certifications/licensing requirements;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly performance reports; track progress on reaching milestones and performance targets;
- Attend and participate in community events to represent the program.
- Plan and organize outreach activities in communities were programs are located.
- Schedule and lead regular staff meetings;
Program Director – Literacy and Immigration
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning and development
- Managing multiple projects
- Managing diverse staff
- Complex record keeping and substantive reporting
- Using generated data to seek financial support
- Communicating in writing and comprehensive reports to support program development and contact with funding sources
- Grant writing
- Operate shredder including replacing bags
- Interact with fellow staff at all levels of the organization
- Professional demeanor dealing with outside organizations when delivering/picking up packages
- Public speaking
- Writing reports, developing advertisement for program.
- Solid background and experience in education and job readiness; superb leadership, analytical, organization and management skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; grant writing skills. Effective interpersonal and team-building capabilities. Experience working with adults particularly those from economically disadvantaged population. Collaborative skills. Understanding of and ability to utilize linkages to enrich program activities to meet the needs of the enrolled students.
- Computer skills a must – Microsoft program, ability to use internet. Knowledge of ASISTS and CAPPRICORN AND BEST PLUS certified.
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish or English-Greek.
Master’s degree and 5 years’ experience Or Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ experience working as a manager or director for non-profit Adult Literacy programs with job readiness and immigration components.
Salary: Low $60 s – Excellent benefits package includes low cost medical and dental contribution, vision and transportation plans, Medical Flexible Spending plan, Retirement and life insurance. Generous vacation accruals. 11 holidays annually.
This position is determined to be Exempt for purposes of the US DOL FLSA.
Send resumes to Gail Carmichael GCarmichael@hanac.org