ParentJobNet seeks to strengthen the scope and effectiveness of its holistic workforce development programs in NYC school districts 3, 4 & 5 community areas with the addition of a seasoned Social Worker. The Social Worker will work with the executive team and report to the Program Director to enhance a rapidly growing organization and develop best practices to support our clients and referral services.
The Social Worker provides supportive services (includes client advocacy, service coordination, interview coaching, and case management) weekly to our adult clients and is responsible for evaluating and assisting adult clients seeking employment and training assistants with their social services needs while supervising graduate students in their field placement assignments. Working with the Career Counseling team, the Social Worker will assist participants (in group and individually) to meet their goals related to employment and education by addressing barriers such as housing, healthcare, child care, and public services. The position will be based out of ParentJobNet’s public school based offices in East Harlem or Harlem.
The mission of ParentJobNet is to help educate, prepare, and connect low- to-moderate-income public school parents with job opportunities and other economic resources to empower them to build financial security and peace of mind to help their children succeed academically.
- Perform client intake to determine nature of client's situation by interviewing client and assessing social service’s needs and provide crisis intervention when needed
- Develop and implement course of action by exploring options; setting goals with client
- Advocates for and obtains assistance for client by referring him/her to community resources; arranging for appointments; assist clients with completing relevant applications for subsidies and programs; establishing rapport with other agencies
- Maintains case records by documenting client's situation and client's actions
- Advises Career Counselors and Managers as to best course of action for clients
- Monitors clients planned actions by periodic follow-up
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements and maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Supervise graduate social work students as field instructor and perform all duties related to field supervisor
- Input client-related data into our Sumac database and provide statistics and reports to the Executive team as needed
- Perform all other tasks deemed necessary by Program Director to assist in achieving service and programmatic goals
- Master's (MSW) degree in social work and at least three years post-master’s experience
- Must have SIFI (Seminar in Field Instruction) or equivalent training
- Experience working directly with families of diverse demographics and cultures, a plus
- Diverse knowledge of community resources
- Strong case management and organizational skills
- Good judgment and problem solving ability
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Google Drive, Yahoo Mail and Internet research
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include the words “Social Worker” in the subject line. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
ParentJobNet is an equal-opportunity employer.