HANAC Adult Literacy Program
Program HOURS: Mon, Tue, Thur evenings 6 to 9 pm
Position Starts: January 19, 2016
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, prepare and deliver lessons to Spanish –speaking Pre-HSE students, preparing to take the TASC in Spanish.
- Grade daily classwork and homework assignments and give appropriate feedback.
- Maintain required records of pupil progress and development.
- Research new topic areas and maintain up-to-date subject knowledge.
- Write new curriculum materials.
- Select and utilize a range of different learning resources and equipment.
- Monitor student performance on a regular basis throughout the term.
- Prepare students for TASC practice tests and administer the Readiness tests.
- Manage Students' classroom behavior.
- Participate in staff development.
- Participate in departmental meetings.
- Counsel and support students one-on-one through academic or personal difficulties.
- Liaison with other agency professionals in monitoring students' attendance and academic and job readiness progress.
- Keep attendance on daily basis.
- Submit lesson plans on a bi-weekly basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience required: BA, 3 years’ experience teaching prep classes for the GED/TASC in Spanish
Language Skills: Bi-lingual: English/Spanish. Classes are to be conducted in Spanish.
Interested individuals may respond with a SHORT cover letter and an updated resume to HR Director at email@example.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.