The 1199SEIU Training and Employment Fund is looking for part time Spanish language instructors to assist health care staff to learn conversational Spanish for their jobs in hospitals and nursing homes. We have a core curriculum with a focus on oral communication.
- Teach a beginner level Spanish in health care settings
- Prepare lesson plans based on our core curriculum
- Submit attendance sheets and related documents as outlined by office staff
- Attend professional development and administrative meetings
- Maintain communication with office staff about student progress, class details, etc.
- Degree in TESOL, Spanish or related area
- Excellent command of the Spanish language
- Minimum two years’ experience teaching Spanish to English speakers
- Strong knowledge of effective second language practices
- Must be able to create additional materials as needed
- Must be able to travel to Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Morning and early afternoon hours. Some evening hours may be also needed.
Excellent hourly rate.
To be considered, please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org