The Isaacs Center is seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and data-driven candidate to serve as a Student Support Strategist. The strategist will develop and facilitate academic interventions in support of young adults who have entered Education and Workforce Development at the Isaacs Center improve their literacy, advance toward a high school equivalency and college and/or develop the skills necessary to secure a career in growing New York City employment sector. The strategist will work in close collaboration with an interdisciplinary team to identify and utilize assessment instruments that will supplement academic instruction. The strategist also will provide administrative support and may conduct workshops designed to help young people identify college and career pathways that match their life goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in close collaboration with the Instructional Leader or the Academic Coordinator to develop curriculum, coordinate testing and assessment, and create comfortable environments for diverse learners.
- Develop and implement strategies to assist young adults who have not found success in traditional learning environments. Provide and support a differentiated instructional model.
- Administer multiple forms of assessment, including summative and formative assessments, and use these assessments to inform lesson planning and day to day instructional strategies
- Facilitate instruction as needed. Provide one-on-one tutoring.
- Incorporate practical and project-based learning opportunities, discussion groups, and media in order to create a dynamic classroom experience.
- Maintain student portfolios, records, and contacts.
- Light data entry (ie, attendance, test scores)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or similar field required
- Knowledgeable of and ability to apply positive youth development principles
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and challenge students to achieve a high level of performance through rigorous academic performance
- Experience in curriculum implementation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer and office skills
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.