- Develop and diver written weekly unity and daily lesson plans, according to a subscribed curriculum.
- Research and write lesson plans.
- Create and facilitate activities that motivate students and promote participation.
- Deliver lessons using effective methodology.
- Administer pre and post tests, and other evaluative tools.
- Track classroom attendance and utilize other student monitoring devices.
- Track deadlines and maintain comprehensive calendar of reports and forms; fill out all appropriate forms and submit in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in designated meetings and special events.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience teaching English and/or other languages.
- Bilingual in Spanish, French, Chinese and /or Polish preferred.
- Knowledge of basic teaching techniques and methods and principles of teaching languages, students’ cultural background and its effect on the students’ learning process, preparing lesson, syllabus, promotion lists, and grant documents and reporting systems, conducting NYS Placement Test and preparing assessment tools.
- Knowledge of Best Plus Testing and database is a plus.
- Ability to determine the students’ level of English Proficiency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
Attn.: Michelle Lam
138-46 Northern Boulevard
Flushing, NY 11354