Brooklyn Public Library’s Literacy Department seeks a F/T YALP Instructor to provide engaging academic instruction to a young adult aged cohort in the Bedford Stuyvesant and/or East New York areas of Brooklyn. The candidates must have working knowledge of Youth Development Principles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and provide evidenced-based literacy, math and work readiness instruction
- Work effectively within an interdisciplinary team
- Coordinate service learning projects
- Provide support at recruitment, outreach and recognition events
- Perform additional duties as required
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field, MA/MS a plus
- Minimum 2 years of successful instruction/facilitation
- Evidenced, successful engagement with an at risk population
- Experience with Curriculum development, with specific focus on thematic units of study
- Experience with Project Management
- Superior organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with and working knowledge of the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) the current NYS High School Equivalency Exam (TASC).
- Dynamic, energetic personality.
- The grant end June 2017 with a possibility of renewal .
Brooklyn Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.