The Education Instructor provides High School Equivalency instruction and post secondary preparation for students ages 21 to 24 years enrolled in the Youth Action YouthBuild/East Harlem (www.youthaction.nyc) program. He/She manages a range of educational tasks and collaborates with onsite DOE personnel.
Job responsibilities and performance standards include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to administer differentiated instruction to students with varying abilities (range 8th to 12th grade level) in Science, Mathematics, Language Arts, Reading, Social Studies and Writing.
- Comprehension of and instruction in the standards of the NYS TASC exam.
- Proficiency at identifying instructional goals and expectations, and a general plan for teaching them.
- Provides ongoing assessment to determine which students are in need of additional or different types of teaching, and which would benefit from accelerated or enriched instruction.
- Exhibits, thorough lesson planning and classroom management, the ability to acknowledge the common needs of students, while simultaneously recognizing their differences in ability, interest, and potential for growth in a particular
- subject area or skill.
- Assist in the scheduling of TASC, Post TABE, and Official Readiness Test (ORT) testing.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred;
Current NYS teacher certification; Familiar with current TASC exam;
A minimum of two years of successful experience teaching young adults and urban youth; comfortable in a multicultural environment.
Send cover letter/resume to: Mr. Wendell Moore - firstname.lastname@example.org