In this role, you will assist clients facing a housing crisis in identifying and clarifying their own career and financial goals for personal success and partner with them to improve their focus and presentation skills, secure employment and assess potential career pathways, and access financial coaching and educational and vocational training opportunities to ultimately advance their employment options and earning power.
Key responsibilities Include:
- Assisting clients to identify and achieve realistic goals, exploring their unique processing styles and ingrained habits/beliefs, as well as creating actionable steps to meet their goals.
- Partnering with clients to improve areas of personal development including: executive function concerns, time-management, motivation, stress management, and decision-making
- Familiarizing students with career, educational and training resources, developing a timely career track congruent with students’ chosen pursuits.
- Providing classroom instruction on relevant subjects (i.e. Goal setting, Personal finances and budgeting, Job search skills, Career path planning, etc.)
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) and one year of applicable experience and/or equivalent experience
- Experience in adult education and career exploration - teaching style must be hands-on, interactive, and participatory (not lecture based).
- Experience in communicating and working successfully with people from a broad range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of coaching and motivating - guiding individuals through the stages of change leading to new behaviors and habits.
- Working knowledge of NYC workforce development, educational, vocational training and financial literacy programs a plus.
- Familiarity with NYC public benefits and housing subsidies a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter in MS word attachment to: submitresumes@CAMBA.org
Please write "Success Coach/Adult Education Instructor, Workforce for HomeBase” in the subject line.