Reports to: Associate Executive Director
Status: Full Time
Location: South Bronx: 378 East 151st St.
Days/Hours: Monday to Friday, varied
Grace Outreach seeks a skilled, passionate professional to play an integral role in the delivery of services in the Career Prep program area of the organization. This position requires the ability to deliver career-based content to students in a classroom setting, knowledge of the NYC workforce development landscape, ability to advise students 1-on-1 regarding career options and possibilities, flexibility, the ability to communicate positively in multiple directions, and an openness to continual learning. The Career Prep Manager will also be focused outside the organization, in order to maintain and develop relation-ships with quality vocational training programs, employers, and colleagues in the field doing similar work.
Manage Career Prep program activities:
- Manage and coordinate day-to-day Career Prep activities serving 70-100 current students, and 600+ alumnae
- Teach weekly Career Prep class to current HSE students;
- Meet and work 1-on-1 with individual students, both current and alumni, on career-related activities, including resume review and interview prep
- Capture, manage, and review data utilizing Sales Force CRM platform and interactive database
- Maintain accurate metrics for program performance and prepare analysis for internal and external use
- Develop technology-centered training for HSE students
Maintain and Develop Relationships with vocational training partners and employers:
- Connect students to employment and vocational training opportunities in the Bronx and NYC
- Strengthen and build relations with quality vocational training programs and community-based organizations
- Attend meetings with partner organizations and coalitions in the workforce development field around NYC
Coordinate and Carry Out Career Development Events:
- Put together larger program events such as Job Fairs and Mock Interview sessions
- Put together and lead field trips for students to employment-related programs and events
Participate as member of larger Grace Outreach staff team:
- Work collaboratively with 12+ colleagues in helping to carry out overall Grace Outreach mission
- Complete a high volume of varied responsibilities and thrive in a fast-paced setting
Minimum Qualifications: B.A. degree, with experience in workforce development/non-profit/education field.
Ability to skillfully utilize Microsoft Office Suite software, SalesForce or similar CRM/database software. Ability to contribute to organization’s well-established positive culture, and ethical values and practices.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Danae Mcleod, Associate Executive Director: email@example.com.
Grace Outreach is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization and can be characterized as a "second chance charter school" for women. We are a small, innovative and dedicated team of professionals helping adult women pass the GED/TASC exam and move on to college, vocational training and/or employment. Our program is structured according to a rigorous academic model, with full-time classes staffed by quality teachers. Since December 2004, we have helped over 1.200 women earn a diploma. www.graceoutreachbronx.org