- Research and write lesson plans.
- Create and facilitate activities that motivate students and promote participation.
- Deliver lessons using effective methodology.
- Administer pre and post tests, and other evaluative tools.
- Track classroom attendance and utilize other student monitoring devices.
- Track deadlines and maintain comprehensive calendar of reports and forms; fill out all appropriate forms and submit in a timely manner.
- Participate in designated meetings and special events.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience teaching English and/or other languages. Bilingual in English/Spanish or English/Chinese is preferred.
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Best Plus Testing and database is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent hospitality skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter resume with subject line “ESOL Instructor” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Attn.: Jie Ling Chen
100 Hester Street
New York, NY 10002