Literacy Partners is seeking dynamic teachers to teach ESOL for Parents of Young Children (15-20 hrs per week on weekday mornings). Our mission is to strengthen families by empowering parents through education. We help low‐income parents gain the skills to create better lives for themselves while advancing their children’s cognitive and social‐emotional development.
There is ample professional development opportunity and room for advancement.
We deliver basic literacy and English classes for parents of Head Start children and are planning a program expansion to four new locations in the South Bronx and Central Brooklyn. Training begins in late-February.
We are looking for teachers with:
- a passion for social justice;
- a track record of success in helping adults learn English;
- experience leading participatory classrooms with goals;
- high standards for themselves and their students;
- a bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred);
- a desire to innovate and try new approaches; and
- a sense of humor.
Please email your résumé and a cover letter (describing how your qualifications and experience meet the requirements of the position, your availability on weekday mornings, and your availability to work in the South Bronx and/or Central Brooklyn) to firstname.lastname@example.org.