Future Now at Bronx Community College provides learning opportunities to enrich the academic, social and professional development of young adults, ages 16-24. Future Now’s central mission is to help young people create successful futures through the attainment of a higher education degree. Our goal is to ensure that all of our students become self-sufficient leaders, who in turn, will become powerful role models for our current students and positive contributors to themselves, their families and their communities.
- Facilitate all instructional aspects of the HSE class.
- Develop lesson plans and activities to supplement assigned texts.
- Conduct Pre and Post Assessment Tests (TABE Exam)
- Manage attendance records for students.
- Maintain a daily average attendance of 15 out of 20 students per day.
- Maintain daily communication with Assistant Director regarding student's progress and attendance issues.
- Maintain a classroom environment that is stimulating, supports individual and group learning and is rigorous and nurturing
- Maintain accurate student records and all student contacts
- Complete any relevant responsibilities and functions as assigned by director.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field required.
- Minimum of two years of experience teaching all HSE subjects
- Experience in curriculum design and implementation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Monday, September 18th – Friday, May 18th, 2018
Class Schedule: 2:00PM – 6PM – MONDAYS – WEDNESDAYS (updated)
2:00PM – 5:00PM – THURSDAYS (updated)
For More Info: Please visit our website https://www.bcc.cuny.edu/Future-Now
If interested: Please e-mail Claudia Ramirez (Assistant Director) at Claudia.Ramirez@bcc.cuny.edu or please call 718 289-5850.