HANAC is seeking 1 part-time HSE teacher for hire in Harlem ASAP through January 2018 and then for the remainder of the school year until June 2018, the classes will be taught in Queens. The classes are taught three nights per week from 6-9 pm. Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 2 years teaching experience with adult learners.
HSE teachers must be able to teach 5 subject areas especially strong in math and writing.
- Instruct and prepare students in the five areas of math, science, writing, reading and social studies in order to take the HSE TASC test.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals and objectives into lesson plans.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
Send a cover letter and resume to Evthoxia Panos at: email@example.com and please indicate that you are seeking an HSE teaching position.