Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources.
We developed a Community Impact model to maximize our ability to provide communities with the resources needed to increase opportunities, strengthen neighborhoods and transcend poverty. This model is marked by four key characteristics: targeted program areas, an integrated approach, a continuous improvement strategy and a geographic focus.
Our work is focused on impact and we are committed to ensuring our programs have real results. Measuring outcomes is a fundamental part of how we work. Through our centralized database, we track individual participants across multiple programs, ensuring they have all the resources they need to be self-sufficient. At the same time, we analyze our program management and our impact on participants so we can make adjustments and optimize in real time.
The Program Director is responsible for developing and managing a comprehensive Bronx-based Beacon program serving children, youth and/or adults in educational, recreational, leadership and arts-based programming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all aspects of the program.
- Establish program goals and outcome measures to determine the success of each program component.
- Maintain enrollment and attendance records as required by all funders.
- Report program statistics and information as mandated by funders and Phipps Neighborhoods.
- Prepare reports as mandated by funders and the Managing Director.
- Ensure that all facilities and materials are well maintained.
- Model appropriate child, youth and adult development practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
- Oversee recruitment, training and supervision of all staff.
- Oversee weekly timesheets and payroll.
- Conduct staff supervision and staff meetings.
- Manage evaluation process of all employees.
- Manage all related programmatic budgets.
- Provide periodic budgetary updates and reports as requested by the Managing and/or fiscal Directors.
- Maintain and provide oversight of contractual partnerships with private, state and city agencies.
- Serve as a liaison between the school principal and Beacon program.
- Establish partnerships between the Beacon and all relevant community groups.
- Develop a Beacon Advisory Board and facilitate regular meetings.
- Obtain continual feedback from constituents to establish new programs and services.
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships between Phipps Neighborhoods and relevant community groups, school administrators, public officials, funders, parents and other critical stakeholders and represent the organization to community boards, other institutions, agencies, and organizations.
- It is essential that the successful candidate have a very strong background in youth development and management of youth development professionals.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree; Master's degree is preferred.
- The candidate must have previous experience working in a DYCD (NYC Dept. of Youth & Community Development) program.
- The candidate must have excellent management, administrative and communication skills.
- The candidate must have a strong background in program development and strategic planning.
- The candidate must be committed to outcomes driven performance and have an understanding of designing programs toward that end.
- Experience in the field of youth development with progressive responsibilities.
- Supervisory experience within the field.
- A history of program development and strategic planning responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and intermediate level computer skills.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Enthusiasm, creativity and initiative.
- A sense of humor and a sense of urgency!
How to apply:
Please apply online via the job portal on our Careers page or by accessing the link below. In your cover letter please outline why this position is of interest, exactly how your experience matches the qualifications stated and what you believe differentiates you from other candidates. Additionally, please provide your salary requirements.