Under the supervision of the College Retention Advisor of Borough of Manhattan Community College, the College Retention Advisor will be responsible for providing on-campus support to students who have graduated from East Side House (ESH) college access programs. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or ability required, but is not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a caseload of 30-35 students who attend Bronx Community College.
- Developing individual Goal Plans with each student within the first 2 weeks of the semester.
- Conduct one-on-one check-ins with each student at least twice per month.
- Connect students to on-campus resources and activities.
- Provide on-campus academic advising for students and accompany them to the relevant services on campus.
- Facilitate advisory sessions
- Assist students with early registration for the coming semester.
- Maintain good relationships with the Admissions Office and Freshman Year Programs of Bronx Community College
- Provide collegiate culture workshops to the four college access programs at ESH.
- Maintain student records to ensure milestones are being met.
- Conduct home visits and outreach to students when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- B.A/ B.S.W. with at least two years experience within a college preparation program.
- Demonstrated knowledge of college systems including registrar, bursar and financial aid process.
- Must have experience facilitating group activities and workshops.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, writing and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated initiative, teamwork, creativity, flexibility and follow-through with strong organizational skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.