Henry Street Settlement
Founded in 1893 by social work and public health pioneer Lillian Wald and based on Manhattan's Lower East Side, Henry Street Settlement delivers a wide range of social service, arts and health care programs to more than 50,000 New Yorkers each year.
As Employment Coordinator, much of your time will be spent teaching contextualized English and Job Readiness skills to groups of wonderfully diverse ESOL students and providing 1-on-1 coaching to help them successfully obtain and maintain viable long-lasting employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and two (2) years relevant experience teaching adults in an ESOL classroom and/or workforce development setting
- TESOL and BEST Plus Test certified preferred
- Teach ESOL/Job Readiness classes
- Provide vocational counseling, career readiness, assistance with job search and job retention to participants that results in meeting monthly job placement and retention targets
- Assist participants in removing barriers to employment by making connections and identifying potential training programs/partners
- Participate fully in program design development and case management
- Attend meetings, workshops, and conferences as needed