• Effectively teach reading comprehension, standard English grammar, essay writing, math (arithmetic, geometry, & algebra), and test-taking skills
• The ability to develop lessons using extensive writing and reading practice in the content areas of science and social studies
• Must be comfortable with learner-centered, participatory lessons and a project-based approach
• Teachers are responsible for creating her/his own curriculum and lesson plans
• Create engaging instructional strategies and lesson plans, integrating technology
• Evaluate student progress using standardized assessment tools and in class quizzes
• Integrate technology into instructional strategies
• Adapt teaching style and strategies to maximize student learning and retention
Educational requirements: This position requires a valid BA/BS Degree, MA/MS Degree preferred with 3+ years of experience teaching adults. Must have familiarity with the current NYS HSE exam, knowledge of TASC and Common Core State Standards.
Must be able to multi-task and have strong communications skills. Be willing to participate in professional development workshops and/or certification programs to remain competent and relevant in the field of adult education.
Monday and Wednesday 4:30-8:30pm Salary: $34 per hour