POSITION TITLE: Workforce Development Instructor
This is a full-time position with benefits.
For full job description and to apply, click here.
The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 160 miles of streets and sidewalk every day. With a $50 million budget, 400 staff members and 46,000 individual donors, The Doe Fund is nationally acclaimed as a work-based model for solving homelessness and criminal recidivism. We empower people to break the cycles of homelessness, welfare dependency, substance abuse, and incarceration through innovative work and housing programs.
- Teaches one 5-week Computer Skills Class
- Teaches a 5-week Adult Basic Education (ABE) Class
- Conducts individual tutoring sessions as needed for low literacy, vocational training, pre-ABE, or HSE
- Coordinates with Adult Education Manager in regards to High School Equivalency candidates
- Provides career, vocational, and educational counseling by determining trainees’ educational and professional qualifications and transferable skills through completing Education and Training intakes with trainees
- Facilitates monthly Education and Training orientations as needed
- Participates in a workforce development sector team
- Attends departmental and facility meetings
- Performs other duties related to the goals of the Education and Training Team as assigned
- Commitment to The Doe Fund’s mission, purpose, and values
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be able to teach 4 evenings per week from 6-9pm
- Must be willing to travel to all residential facilities (namely Bushwick, Harlem)
- 6 months-1 year of experience teaching adults in a non-traditional setting, preferably including teaching computer skills (e.g. browsers, gmail, Word, Excel, etc.) and/or Adult Basic Education
This is a shortened job description. For full job description and to apply, click here.