This job posting is for an Open Position to start a new and innovative program, called the IT Academy, which is a crucial part of the NYC: ATWORK Training Academy, powered by Cisco and sponsored by NYC Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities. These key positions will have the amazing opportunity to get “on the ground floor” in establishing an exciting new joint venture between a non-profit organization and government to create the first Training Academy in the country to serve people with disabilities! And based on the success of the program, these two new roles will provide consultation and leadership for future planned Academies sponsored by the Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities’ NYC: ATWORK and ICD – Institute for Career Development. As a result, these two new teaching positions will successfully complete the Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI) training and certification program to achieve proficiency in Cisco Academy curriculum and teaching methods. And obtain their teaching license from the New York State Education Department’s Adult Career & Continuing Education Services’ Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision (BPSS) to conduct training at ICD-Institute for Career Development.
The qualified candidate must possess experience in curriculum development, methodology, content, and delivery of interactive, facilitation-based training utilizing multiple teaching platforms including classroom, web-based, hands-on, and self-directed instruction. Ideally, the candidate will have experience teaching technology courses, specifically in Cisco CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) certifications, or is eager to complete the Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI) training and certification program, to achieve proficiency in the Academy curriculum and teaching methods.
- Minimum 2-3 years of teaching experience, as well as in curriculum development. Of utmost importance is the candidate’s deep experience in adapting content and teaching students with disabilities.
- Ability to teach in a highly interactive and hands-on style, and to analyze and synthesize technical information.
- Must have excellent knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Approximately 6 months to 1 year working in the IT field, preferred.
- BA or BS degree.
- Certification in teaching Special Education, and/or background in teaching Special Education preferred.
- Must have passed or be willing to take and pass the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) in Networking and Cyber Security (ICD will subsidize cost of training for the right candidate).
- Must have also passed or be willing to take Cisco Certified Academy Instructor (CCAI) training (ICD will subsidize cost of training for the right candidate).
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com with a subject of IT Academy Instructor.
The Institute for Career Development is an advocate for diversity in the workplace. All candidates will benefit from equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to: race; color; age; religion; pregnancy; sex; sexual orientation; disability; gender identity; gender expression; national origin; genetic information; Veteran status; marital status; or prior protected activity. ICD complies with all applicable federal, state, and city employment laws