Location: Brooklyn College 2900 Bedford Ave
Status/Hours: Part time, twice monthly
Brooklyn College Adult Literacy Program provides free ESOL, High School Equivalency (HSE/GED) preparation and pre-HSE/GED services. Students enter the program with a variety of goals, from learning English to earning the credentials necessary for access to gainful employment or higher education.
BCALP is in the process of transitioning from TASC to Pearson GED testing services. We have an on-sight center with a 14-person capacity.
- If not already certified, take proctors certification exam (open book and compensated)
- Report to GED Coordinator
- Work with other Proctor to check in students at start of testing day
- Makes sure pace is prepped and ready for test takers
- Observe students while testing make sure they are following guidelines and rules
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a high school diploma or HSE
- Cannot be directly involved in classroom preparation for the GED test, i.e. adult educators who are preparing students for the GED test cannot be proctors