- Assist in developing and supporting adult basic education and High School Equivalency (HSE) programs
- Provide staff development workshops and technical assistance (including model lessons, curriculum development and demonstration classes) to instructional staff from funded literacy programs, with topics based on a needs assessment derived from surveys, site visits, program observations, and meetings with key community based organization (CBO) personnel.
- Monitor programs through regular on-site visits that include: class observations, records review, etc. to determine adherence to established standards.
- Remain abreast of latest research findings in the field of literacy by doing periodic research and maintaining membership/ contact with leading professional organizations, universities, fellow agencies, etc. - Analyze program data in order to evaluate program performance and submit reports to management. - Review and approve program Workscope, budgets and other requests.
- Participate in and facilitates other unit and agency projects, as appropriate
Minimum Qualification Requirements
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
- High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to "1" or "2" above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience
- Demonstrated background and expertise in literacy/ adult basic education/ HSE programming.
- Three to five years of experience in education (preferably providing ABE and/or GED instructional services).
- Demonstrated experience in program evaluation and professional development
- Possess strong communication and analytic skills (both written and verbal);
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter via below link: