The Education Center provides adult education services to the Brooklyn community. We serve 500 students yearly with GED prep and ESL classes, and vocational training. The Education Center operates a Family Welcome Center providing case management & wrap-around services, workforce development programming, and regular community workshops & events. Many of our students speak Spanish, Arabic, or Chinese as their first language.
The Science Teacher – works an 11 week cycle, pay range $35/hour to $35/hour.
- Will design and facilitate ALE courses in accord with the CUNY HSE Curriculum Framework;
- Administer placement and assessments;
- Report data to funders;
- Update necessary databases;
- Collaborate with teachers, counselors and case managers;
- Maintain office hours;
- Participate in fundraising events.
- BA in education or a related field;
- 2 years teaching in an adult literacy program;
- Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and/or Arabic is a plus.
- Must be vaccinated.
Click HERE to see full job description and apply.