Division of Continuing Education
Part Time ESOL, Citizenship, and HSE Spanish Instructor Positions
The Adult Learning Center is looking to fill part-time instructor positions including ESOL, Citizenship, and HSE Spanish for daytime, evening, and Saturday sessions. Classes offered at the NYC College of Technology and offsite locations. Classes scheduled to start in September.
- Customize instruction to create a high quality English curriculum/lesson plans for adults
- Create a student-centered, engaging learning environment
- Assess student progress and provide feedback
- Administer and monitor student testing, including Best Plus and Best Literacy
- Maintain attendance records and communicate with administrative staff and counselors regarding student absences and other issues
- Complete 14 hours of professional development through Regional Adult Education Network (RAEN) offerings
- BA or BS in education or related field, TESOL
- Minimum two years related teaching experience, preferably in grant-funded literacy programs
- Experience creating thematic, content-based curricula
- Best Plus certified preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills
Please send cover letter and resume to Giovanna Perciballi, Assistant Director of Education Programs at email@example.com. Please indicate availability and class preference in cover letter.