Location: Chinatown YMCA
SALARY: $19.00 Hourly
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
To help fulfill our mission, we cultivate a culture of learning, leading, and collaboration to enhance community impact. Through our talented staff and “LEAP” career framework (Leadership, Empowerment, Accountability, Personal Growth), we are committed to a people-first approach that fosters trust, inclusion, growth, and development for all.
The Chinatown YMCA is seeking a New Americans Initiative Administrative Assistant. The New Americans Initiative Administrative Assistant is responsible for administrative and general office functions, to support the quality and functionality of the New American Initiative programs and services.
- Ensure the functionality of the NAI office, maintaining effective filing and administrative systems, managing office inventory and purchases, managing participant use of laptops and ensuring daily inventory conducted; preparing internal and external reports, and updating documents as necessary.
- Maintain up to date program flyers, marketing materials, class schedules, and New Americans Initiative Website.
- Maintain internal case files, including but not limited to intake, goals and outcomes, pre and post testing, attendance, case notes and ensuring that supporting documentation is scanned and uploaded into the appropriate data portals.
- Support with data input in all data systems, including ASISTS (Adult Student Information and Technical Assistance), DYCD Connect, AS400 and/or Salesforce and use databases to prepare program reports for internal, city and state use.
- Communicate with participants, including providing program information, scheduling appointments, and drafting letters and other correspondence, as necessary.
- Assist with the recruitment and support of volunteers.
- Assist with reporting to government and private funders; tracking and reporting student data and achievement results.
- Model the best practices of hospitality and positive culture.
- This position supports all aspects of programming, including but not limited to community outreach, recruitment, and participant outreach.
- Work enthusiastically as part of a team.
- Actively participate in training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Must be willing to work as part of a team and be able to establish positive relationships with participants, the community, collaborators and partnerships.
- Minimum two years of experience in administration.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, social work, mental health, or a relevant field is preferred.
- Ability and interest in working with diverse populations.
- Knowledge of principles and practices related to adult literacy and civic education, immigration legal services and case management, preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, highly organized, patient and able to work well with others.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge of Windows based computer applications and database management.
The YMCA of Greater New York offers a variety of benefits to its staff members including retirement benefits, medical, paid-time off, free YMCA membership and more! Benefit eligibility is determined by an individual’s employment status (ie. full-time or part-time), tenure and/or the number of hours scheduled to work. Click here for more information.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please complete our online application and submit your résumé and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization.