Permanent – Mid-town Manhattan Location
Salary Range: $66,200.00 to $82,800.00
Healthcare union-based Adult Education program seeks a Coordinator for a well-established Language Program, mainly offering Spanish Language classes . Other language instruction is offered upon request of our stakeholders.
- Coordinate all aspects of the Spanish/Foreign Language Program – a program for participants learning Spanish to communicate with Latino patients.
- Provide program administration to team.
- Develop school calendar and class schedules; coordinate teacher assignments and program activities; coordinate site and security contracts or online Zoom accounts; visit classes regularly; monitor and evaluate teachers and vendors; select instructional materials, participate in curriculum development projects, identify and/or organize staff development sessions.
- Organize and monitor Assistant Program Specialist’s work: oversee mailings to members, provide customer service, plan case management, monitor program data entry and filing system.
- Prepare statistical reports and analyses
- Draft budget, generate check requests, track payment schedule; book orders; track book inventory including e-book licenses
- Research new publications/articles in the Language Learning field and be informed of books, materials, and resources available for foreign language instruction
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree / Certificate in Second Language Theory and Practice required. Degree in Education highly preferred
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in adult education, training or workforce development
- Bilingual in Spanish language required
- Basic skill level in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint preferred
- Experience with healthcare career ladders/education programs (teaching, facilitating, partnering) preferred
- Must have excellent reading, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends as needed
Please send resume to: Marialuisa.email@example.com