Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) for English Language Learners Program Overview:
As an integrated language education and workforce training program, students participate in concurrent English instruction and workforce certification to begin or advance their healthcare careers. The ESOL Instructor provides quality, contextualized English instruction and academic support to intermediate/advanced learners while they prepare with the RN Instructor for the New York State nurse aide licensing exam.
General Description of Duties:
- Create and implement student-centered lessons contextualized for work in a healthcare setting, which might focus on the vocabulary, pronunciation, and authentic conversation skills necessary for on-the-job success.
- Coordinate curriculum and weekly lesson plans with the RN Instructor
- Provide language support in the CNA classroom and adapt ESOL lessons based on the language and academic needs that arise in real time.
- Promote academic skills, such as interpreting textbook reading and taking a multiple-choice exam.
- Maintain attendance records.
- Work collaboratively with the ALC team: attend staff meetings, participate in program-wide events, share ideas and communicate with teachers and educational advisors.
- Attend Professional Development workshops as required.
- Administer BEST Plus test and participate in registration and orientation.
- Perform the duties of other positions when necessary.
- Qualified candidates must have prior experience teaching in Adult ESOL classrooms, both in person and online, such as on Zoom.
- Bachelor's degree required; ESOL teaching certification preferred.
- Experience preparing students for career pathways preferred.
- Must be creative, organized, and committed to learner-centered, participatory education.
Pay : $40.00 / hour
Schedule: Part Time, Evenings Monday – Thursday, 13 –19 hours per week
Closing Date: Sep 22, 2023 (Or Until Filled)
Interested candidates may apply online at www.rfcuny.org or send their resume and cover letter to Siobhan Loughran (she/her) at email@example.com with the subject line “CNA Instructor.”