(New York City)
Revolution Prep Tutors work primarily from home with the ability to earn competitive pay, benefits (including health insurance, life insurance, and 401K), and quarterly bonuses. We are looking for tutors who have a love for learning and an engaging personality and who are comfortable meeting with and making recommendations to families regarding the ongoing needs of their student.
In addition to online tutoring, this position involves teaching in-person SAT prep courses through the Columbia S-Prep program. Classes will be held at the Columbia University Medical Center (104 Haven Avenue, New York, NY) Saturdays, 12/3/22 to 5/6/23, from 1-3:00 p.m. and Saturdays, 1/28/23 to 5/6/ 23 from 9-11:00 a.m. Revolution Prep will provide paid training and supply all materials for the courses.
About the Role
The Hybrid Tutor role is made up of the following responsibilities for the approximate percent of a tutor’s work schedule:
- Tutor students in a variety of academic and test prep subjects on-line and in-person (80%)
- Communicate with families regarding student progress including making recommendations for student success (10%)
- Participate in ongoing professional development and subject expansion (5%)
- Prepare for sessions using Revolution Prep provided materials (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree welcomed
- Experience teaching or tutoring and familiarity with classroom management desired but not required
- Ability to comfortably teach all sections of the SAT and ACT test including math concepts through Algebra 2
- Ability to commute to Columbia University for in-person classes on Saturdays as needed (commute time will be paid)
- Authorized to work in the United States (current residence must be within 25 miles of Columbia University)
Tutors choose a delivery target between 16 and 40 hours per week and post recommended availability during prime time (see below) in order to reach their target. Actual hours worked are highly dependent on tutor's proactivity with families, individual subject coverage, quality of instruction, and tutor-selected availability. Hours also fluctuate based on sales volume and seasonality.
School-Year Prime-Time Hours (mid-August through mid-June):
- Sundays: 5 AM-7 PM PST
- Mondays-Thursdays: 12 PM-8 PM PST
- Fridays: 12 PM-4 PM PST
- Saturdays: 5 AM-4 PM PST
- Sundays: 5 AM-7 PM PDT
- Mondays-Thursdays: 6 AM-8 PM PDT
- Fridays: 5 AM-4 PM PDT
- Saturdays: 5 AM-7 PM PDT
Revolution Prep will provide a webcam, headset, lighting, and an annotation tablet to support you in providing our standard of quality for online instruction.
To be successful in the Professional Tutor role, you will need the following:
- A reliable Mac/PC desktop or laptop with 4GB or more of available memory/RAM
- High-speed internet with the ability to connect via ethernet cable and a clean, quiet, professional setting for online sessions.
Job Type: Part or Full-Time
Pay: $25.00 to $30.00 per hour (If you can tutor AP Physics, AP Computer Science, AP Statistics, AP Calculus, or AP Chemistry, you may be eligible for a higher starting rate.)
Apply at: https://revolution-prep.breezy.hr/p/da0028a02e38-hybrid-on-line-in-person-tutor-includes-benefits-bonus-opportunities-new-york-city
Revolution Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, disability, uniform service, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law. At Revolution Prep, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.