Ridgewood Bushwick Senior Citizen Council (RBSCC) is a non-profit community-based social service organization. The Yoga Instructor will teach modified Yoga methods to the senior citizen residents of RBSCC housing facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for educating seniors on the safe and proper execution of the exercises.
- Ability to work with groups of people with arthritis and related diseases.
- Ability to teach Yoga safely and effectively.
- Competence in demonstrating the yoga postures ('asana'), breathing techniques and breath control exercises ('pranayama') and how to modify the exercises according to the participant’s health needs.
- Knowledge of basics about Yoga, arthritis disease processes, principles of arthritis exercise, joint protection and energy conservation, and role of exercise in total management of arthritis.
- Perform outreach to the seniors of the buildings
- Certified in Personal Training or Yoga Instruction.
- Certified in CPR with AED-Adult.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.