Start date: January 30, 2023
Union/Program: 1199SEIU Training and Employment Funds
Job title: Part time ESL Instructor
Site: Online using Zoom
Day(s) of week: 1 day a week on Wednesday or Thursday; Class runs January 30 – May 12
Time: 4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. or 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Hours per week: 3 - 4 hours/12 weeks
Type of class/Program: ESL beginner (NRS levels 1 or 2)
Pay: $64 per hour (including 4-6 hours of meeting time during year and any time dedicated to professional development)
Requirements: College degree or training in education and ESL experience is highly preferred. Knowledge of ESL instruction for adult learners; adult basic education and experience teaching diverse, adult learners. Ability to be flexible and adapt curriculum to students. Must be able to integrate digital literacy, civic education and workforce readiness in classroom instruction. Must have excellent communication skills and diverse teaching techniques. Knowledge of the health care industry and experience with 1199SEIU union members a plus but not required. Online teaching is a plus.
- Create a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
- Prepare semester course outline for assigned class.
- Prepare lessons identifying clear teaching objectives and learning outcomes.
- Assess students’ needs and progress.
- Attend teacher meetings with program administrators and other teachers.
- Attend and contribute to staff development sessions as needed.
- Ensure accuracy and timely submission of attendance sheets.
- Ensure accuracy and timely submission of timesheets.
- Provide basic information to students on our organization’s course offerings.
- Collaborate with program manager as needed to manage student cases and progress.
- Provide feedback on the program to administrators.
Send resume, cover letter, and sample syllabus and lesson plan to: