- Proficient English speakers with good working knowledge of English grammar and language use.
- Experienced teachers with good interpersonal skills who enjoy working in diverse linguistic and cultural settings.
- Passionate teachers looking to empower immigrant communities through English language education.
- Applicants with ESL teaching experience required. TESOL/CELTA certification highly preferred.
- Help second language learners improve their English conversation skills through communicative language teaching (CLT) approach.
- Implement and adapt lesson plans from a standards-based curriculum.
- Use digital platforms to instruct, communicate and record attendance data.
- Report to the Director of Adult Education and Workforce Development.
Mercy Center is a "haven" in Mott Haven, a community center offering programs and services that empower women and their families to reach their full potential and become agents of change for healthy family living and economic independence. We promote an improved quality of life by addressing the needs of the whole person in a community of respect, hospitality, and non-violence.
Interested instructors should email their resumes to Judit Criado Fiuza at email@example.com at their earliest convenience.