Hours: Evening classes
Salary: Per class rate, commensurate with experience.
Microsoft Certified Computer Education classes are a part of COJO Flatbush’s Adult Education division whose objective is to assist individuals to become gainfully employed. The computer instructor will lead classes, instruct students in Microsoft Office product related subjects, develop curriculum and materials, design lessons, maintain an engaging and successful learning environment, collaborate with program staff and maintain program data. The computer instructor will guide and mentor students towards the goal of obtaining MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist) certification.
- Maintain classrooms conducive to learning and facilitate successful participant engagement.
- Establish clear expectations and encourage student accountability. Implement quality instructional practices, and vary methods of instruction, to encourage participation and retention
- Teach classes and conduct whole group, small group and individualized instruction.
- Teach Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook) to students.
- Conduct regular assessment/post-tests to determine advancement and readiness for certification testing.
- Guide and mentor students towards the goal of obtaining MOS (Microsoft Office Specialist) certification.
- Arrange and schedule with an appropriate Microsoft certified testing site for student MOS certification testing.
- Maintain timely and complete documentation as required.
- Participate in mandated program and agency meetings.
- Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) credentials required. Proof of active MCT membership required.
- At least one (1) year MOS directed teaching experience required.
- Bachelor’s /Master’s degree preferred.
- Preference will be given for licensed computer teachers and/or qualified candidates with substantial (2+ years) programming experience in at least one major computer language (C++, Java, Python) in addition to the above requirements.
- Ability to teach all the MS Office component subject areas (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook).
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Commitment to incorporating innovative teaching methods.
- Ability to assess differences in learning styles and capitalize on student strengths.
- Strong computer skills, including multi-year experience with all components of the Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply, email Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . In the subject line, please indicate “MS Certified Computer Instructor”. In the cover letter state availability. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.