Hot Bread Kitchen seeks a full-time ESOL instructor to teach contextualized lessons to adult bi/multilingual learners and help them achieve their personal and career goals. Our ESOL program embraces translanguaging pedagogy and focuses on developing English language skills for the workforce, specifically in the food industry.
This position will report directly to the Bridge Program Manager.
- Provide contextualized and differentiated ESOL instruction; the classes include integrated digital skills
- Review and make revisions to our contextualized culinary ESOL curriculum to ensure members successfully complete the Culinary Training Program, get a job in the food industry, and pass the Food Protection Certificate course
- Develop contextualized ESOL curriculum centered around the Culinary industry and job-readiness
- Organize and administer assessments
- Data and General Administration
- Passion for Hot Bread Kitchen’s mission
- Master’s in TESOL
- 4+ years of experience in adult ESOL education
- Experience with integrating digital literacy skills
- Experience with contextualized curriculum development and differentiated instruction
- Knowledge of translanguaging pedagogy
- Best Plus Certified
Compensation: $50,000 - $55,000 commensurate with experience.
Send a cover letter & resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include "ESOL Instructor F/T - Your Name" in the subject line.