Contract Term: August 21, 2023 - June 30, 2024
Compensation: $50/hour (12h/week)
Literacy Partners is seeking an exceptional educator who believes in the transformational power of literacy and its role in building a world of equity, inclusion, and justice. The Teacher for our Reading For Adults (RFA) program will primarily teach basic reading and writing and some math skills. Classes are currently in-person Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 6pm-9pm in lower Manhattan from September to June. The Teacher is assisted by volunteer tutors who work with students one-on-one and in small groups.
- Teach one six-hour per week ABE class
- Develop and adapt curriculum
- Support and guide volunteer tutors
- Administrative duties related to intake, attendance, and assessment.
- Minimum of two years teaching adult education
- Experience working with low-level emergent readers (NRS 1-2)
- Experience with both direct instruction and student-centered to teaching/learning
- Ability to teach in-person hybrid instruction
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field. Master’s degree desired.
To Apply Send resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “RFA Teacher” in the subject line with your full name.
Literacy Partners is committed to diversity and is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.