JOB DESCRIPTION FOR ASSOCIATE PROGRAM DIRECTOR-ESOL
The ESOL Associate Program Director will be responsible for the success and ongoing implementation of the program. The ESOL Associate Program Director will work closely with the Director of York College Learning Center (YCLC), who has overall administrative and financial responsibility for the program. The ESOL Associate Program Director must be able to juggle multiple tasks; be organized, flexible and resourceful; and be able to work as part of a team.
- Develop and support relationships with all Center staff to ensure smooth running of daily classroom operations for ESL & IELCE
- Work with instructors to develop and implement effective contextualized, content-based curricula
- Provide support to instructors and counselors to offer the highest quality service to students
- Oversee and coordinate student intake, registration, testing, placement and promotions, class scheduling, and related program activities
- Ensure that all record-keeping and data collection requirements are met;
- Assist the YCLC Director in ensuring program is in compliance with funding regulations
- Assist the YCLC Director in program development and planning, hiring staff, and other aspects of program management, as needed
- Disseminate relevant, applicable information regarding the ESL Program to
- Teachers and administrative assistant
- Attend professional meetings and conferences as needed
- Stay current with trends in adult education and the ebb and flow of funding streams
- Oversee and resolve any concerns, conflicts, or problems with ESOL student population
- Teach ESOL classes two days a week.
- Monitor compliance of all tasks and responsibilities assigned to ESOL Instructors.
- Arrange work schedule to accommodate being present during evening session classes.
- Review data reports with administrative assistant and ensure that data is corrected when necessary
- Meet weekly with YCLC’s Director to discuss ESL program
- Recruit participants for classes
- Attend community events
- Conduct monthly meetings with ESOL team
- Conduct quarterly meeting with external partners
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Arts degree (Master’s degree, preferred)
- Bilingual (Spanish or French)
- Demonstrated skills in human relations, leadership and mentoring
- At least 2 years supervisory experience and/or teaching
- Best Plus 2.0 Certified
4 day a week with exception for holidays (Monday thru Thursday; Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring) with 2 late nights.
To apply, send you resume to Debora Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.