Brooklyn Public Library Adult Learning office seeks a highly organized, responsible and dedicated individual willing to help adult learners meet their educational goals. The full-time High School Equivalency (HSE) Program Specialist will provide high quality professional educational and administrative support for WIOA Program Area 1 and HSE pathways (TASC and NEDP).
The schedule for this position is as follows:
- Tuesday 10a-6pm
- Wednesday 12:45pm-8:00pm
- Thursday 12:45pm-8:00pm
- Alternate Friday/Saturday 9:15am-5:00pm (off on Monday when you work a Saturday)
- Assist with departmental wide program outreach, recruitment, enrollment, monitor participants attendance, placement, retention, referrals, assessments, and outcomes for WIOA Program Area 1 and HSE pathways (TASC and NEDP)
- Assist with program participant’s outcome follow-ups via phone and/or email
- Serve as liaison for community partner agencies as per WIOA requirements such as BEOC, CUNY, etc.
- Monitor program social media accounts, assist with marketing, create program flyers, assist with maintaining outreach/recruitment logs, sending e-mail blast to partners, etc.
- Troubleshoot HSE and PreHSE email accounts and HSE hotlines
- Effectively work with adults in an educational setting: pre-screen requests for program services both in person and via telephone/email; ability to obtain and manage required documentation and enter internal and external data in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist program staff to coordinate, plan, and facilitate program enrollment sessions for integrated education and training classes (medical billing, food handlers, and technology)
- Facilitate HSE screenings, provide support to instructors and participants in/outside of the classroom (e-learning platforms)
- Highly organized and possess the ability to organize and conduct intake and orientation sessions to NEDP clients and HSE participants
- Confer with HSE participants and plan informational workshops, special programming and Next Steps
- Coordinate/communicate with other program staff including instructors, program assistants, volunteers and other agency partners about programming and best practices
- Provide input to create program improvement goals and objectives for Program Area 1 and develop, design, and implement new programs/workshops based on community/participants needs
- NEDP assessor/advisor; organize and conduct intake and orientation sessions to NEDP clients and HSE participants
- Serve as TASC examiner and serve as a backup to collect and process NYSED required examinee paperwork and compile all TASC vouchers
- Attend professional development trainings and meetings (NYC RAEN minimum 14 hours)
- Lead contact for NYC Human Resources Admin. (HRA) program participant tracking (attendance and outcomes)
- Assist with meeting all WIOA program requirements
- Support all administrative work for Program Area 1 and HSE Pathways (TASC and NEDP) and create all departmental flyers and correspondences for internal and external use. Able to translate program materials in Spanish for external use
- Monitor all program site Google sheets and e-learning platforms (attendance, waitlist, RSVPs, etc.), program data into ASISTS and analyzing data. Follow-up with ALC sites to ensure data is submitted by deadlines. Send out reminder and follow-up emails as needed.
- Administer pre/posttest TABE assessments, TASC readiness, CASAS and confer with participants, etc.
- Monitor, track, and approve SumTotal timesheets for substitute instructors
- Input program events/stats into BPLs event calendar (monthly)
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Liberal Arts or related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in adult education, training, or workforce development plus 1-year supervisory experience required
- Must have strong ability to multi-task, meet deadlines as needed, work in a high paced environment, take initiative and work independently with high standards
- Knowledgeable of grant funded programs and experience with successfully implementing
- Able to maintain a high energy level and positive attitude daily
- Punctual, dependable, and able to accomplish daily tasks independently without prompting
- Able to create and follow routines, anticipate and address group needs, and solve problems that arise
- Ability to work with adults in an educational setting
- Highly organized and strong project management skills
- Must be willing to travel between program sites and to perform the duties of the position from any site
- Available to work flexible hours including some evenings and Saturdays as required
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish (spoken and written) strongly preferred; proficiency in Microsoft Office and clerical experience required
- Specific experience with ASISTS and Salesforce databases. Experience not just entering data, but running and analyzing data reports and taking action to improve data quality and outcomes