The Instructors will:
- Develop lesson plans and adjust instruction according to the various learning styles of program participants. Maintain a collaborative learning environment.
- Create engaging lessons in ABE and Pre-HSE that develop student critical thinking and problem solving skills using a variety of methodologies.
- Facilitate instruction in all assigned subject areas of the TASC exam (Reading, Writing, and Social Studies, and Science).
- Attend instructional workshops that will discuss all subtests of the new TASC exam.
- Create engaging lessons in HSE that develop student critical thinking and problem solving skills using a variety of methodologies.
- Continually assess student progress toward mastery of standards and keep students and staff well informed of student progress by collecting and tracking data, providing daily feedback and weekly assessments.
- Provide necessary accommodations and modifications for growth and success of all students.
- Administer and utilize standardized assessments to develop curricula targeting the educational challenges of the students.
- Monitor students’ performance and attendance for required reporting systems.
- Lead engagement and follow-up efforts to ensure participants progress towards positive outcomes.
- Implement strategies to maximize student learning and retention.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND REQUIRED COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education required. Master’s Degree in Education preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience teaching young adult learners of varied ages, levels, and diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of ABE and HSE curriculum, testing procedures and requirements.
- Demonstrated ability in youth development.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to Brynn McCormick at BMcCormick@CommonpointQueens.org with the subject “HSE Instructor.”