Position: Data Manager
Department: Adult Education
Reports to: Director of Adult Education
Union settlement Adult Education is seeking a Data Assistant to provide in person support that reports to the Adult Education Director. The candidate needs to be a hardworking individual with the ability to multi-task effectively. This person is responsible for attendance tracking, monitoring and data entry into Adult Education Funder databases as needed. This is a full-time position.
- Processing intake application with proper documentation.
- Schedule and confirm appointments for clients.
- Make copies for staff and scan necessary documents for files.
- File, retrieve and update documents and reports.
- Maintain and log daily sign-in sheets for students.
- Provide timely data entry in DYCD Connect and other Adult Education Funder databases which also includes enrolling students and assisting with programming.
- Develop automated processes to generate routine quarterly reports on measures of efficiency and effectiveness for senior leadership and program teams
- Communicate data findings via reports and presentations to staff with varying levels of familiarity with data
- Conduct quality checking to ensure completeness and validity of data
- Match large internal datasets on client characteristics and services with large external datasets from funders.
- Support with other projects, tasks and events as needed by the department.
- Maintain and ensure HIPAA confidentiality of records (daily) PHYSICAL
- Regularly required to talk, hear, walk, stand, & sit.
- Able to climb stairs if necessary.
- Able to operate a computer keyboard, mouse & office equipment.
- Ability to read printed materials and computer screens.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an additional 2 years’ experience with statistics
- At least 2 years of experience in research / monitoring & evaluation / data analysis in support of programs in health and human services
- Must be bilingual (English and Spanish.)
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of MS Office and Google spreadsheets.
- Advanced Excel skills, knowledge of pivot tables, advanced functions such as VLOOKUP and charts.
- Experience or interest in macros is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of statistics (multivariate statistical models)
- Experience with data visualization (tables, charts, data dashboards)
- Experience working with large datasets
- Familiarity with the nuances/complications/imperfections of real-world program / administrative data (that are often not explicitly collected for research purposes) and ability to work with imperfect data)
- Analytical Skills: Data analysts work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching.
- Attention to Detail: Data is precise.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team with an equal amount of focus and enthusiasm.
- High degree of discretion and respect for confidentiality.
- Must be available to work Mon-Thursday evenings and Saturdays.
Please send Cover Letter, and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Data Manager in the subject of e-mail.