POSITION TITLE: Workforce Development Instructor
This is a full-time position with benefits.
For full job description and to apply, click here.
The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 160 miles of streets and sidewalk every day. With a $50 million budget, 400 staff members and 46,000 individual donors, The Doe Fund is nationally acclaimed as a work-based model for solving homelessness and criminal recidivism. We empower people to break the cycles of homelessness, welfare dependency, substance abuse, and incarceration through innovative work and housing programs.
This full-time position is predominantly in-person/on-site.
- Teaches one 5-week, in-person Computer Skills Class
- Conducts individual tutoring sessions as needed for low literacy, vocational training, pre-ABE, HSE Tailors content for each individual lesson for each trainee for each session
- Administers one 6-week, asynchronous Online Computer Skills Class
- Provides career, vocational, and educational counseling by determining trainees’ educational and professional qualifications and transferable skills by completing Education and Training intakes with trainees
- Acts as Education & Training Department resource for clients and staff members alike Facilitates monthly Education and Training orientations as needed
- Attends departmental and facility meetings
- Performs other duties related to the goals of the Education and Training Team as assigned
- Commitment to The Doe Fund’s mission, purpose, and values
- Bachelor’s degree required
- This is a full-time position which includes evening hours – candidates must be able to teach 4 evenings per week from 6-9 pm
- Must be willing to travel to all residential facilities (locations in Bushwick, Harlem, and Bedstuy)
- 6 months -1 year of experience teaching adults in a non-traditional setting, preferably including at least 1-year teaching computer skills (e.g. browsers, Google Suite, Word, Excel, etc.) and/or Adult Basic Education
This is a shortened job description. For the full job description and to apply, click here.