Math and Language Arts Adjunct Instructors to teach GED Math and Language Arts to students seeking to pass the High School Equivalency Exam
Start Date: September 6 to December 21, 2023
Salary: Hourly Rate starts at PSC CUNY negotiated rate
SUNY Queens EOC (administered by York College, CUNY) seeks two part-time adjunct lecturers for in-person instruction at its Jamaica location. The Center serves an adult, diverse, multi-ethnic population of students.
- Bachelor’s degree required or Master’s degree preferred;
- Currency with the GED Exam requirements;
- In-person instruction two days a week during the 9:00 am to 1:15 pm; and
- Experience working with adult learners and familiarity with various learning styles.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct courses during day hours;
- Establish clear goals and expectations;
- Develop lesson plans and maintain a cooperative learning environment;
- Monitor students’ performance and attendance for required reporting systems;
- Keep students and administrators informed of student progress by sharing collected data; and
- Provide feedback to students during office hours.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, an updated application letter, and the names and contact information of at least 2 references to email@example.com.