Brooklyn Public Library’s Adult Learning Department is seeking an Outreach Liaison to build relationships and interact with community partners to increase knowledge of BPL’s Adult Learning Programs and other compelling resources that the Library offers.
- Build relationships with community partners, civic associations, and public school parent coordinators.
- Present BPL Adult Learning programs and other Library offerings at community meetings/gatherings, nonprofit partner staff meetings, local events.
- Create a mobile outreach kit for use at information tables and presentations
- Help develop/maintain Adult Learning section of BPL website & the department’s social media presence.
- Coordinate quarterly partner breakfasts/meetings with local CBO’s
- Track activities and statistics and help write reports for funders and other stakeholders
- Participate in meetings/trainings
- BA/BS in education or related field
- Experience in adult education and/or working with adult learners
- 1 year experience in non-profit outreach or marketing
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing); ability to present effectively
- Experience building partnerships and collaborating with various agencies and programs
- Ability to travel to other locations as required
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Fluency or familiarity in other languages is a plus
To Apply for this position, Visit the BPL Careers Page and click on the Adult Learning Outreach Liaison link to review the full job description & to apply.