Union County College is a public comprehensive community college providing quality, affordable, accessible educational programs that serve the greater Union County region. It is the oldest of New Jerseys 19 Associate Degree Colleges, serving both career-minded and transfer-oriented students since 1933.
The College enrolls almost 30,000 credit, non-credit and continuing education students and is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Many programs lead to the Associate in Arts, Science and Applied Science degrees.
Campus: Cranford, NJ
Characteristics, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches assigned courses in accordance with description published in catalog and the approved course syllabus, in accordance with schedule of classes and incorporating interactive approaches, technologies and methods when possible.
- Incorporates an appreciation of diverse lifestyles, cultures and national perspectives into courses.
- Incorporates the use of the library into courses, uses writing as an instructional method, and utilizes computing and other
- Meets all scheduled class meetings.
- Advises Division Dean/Assistant Dean of absences in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate grade and attendance records for students enrolled in classes and submits required reports to Dean/ Assistant Dean or Student Records Office.
- Submits grades per published deadline.
- Participates in assessment of learning outcomes and demonstrates the use of the results of these assessments in course planning.
- Plans in advance to ensure availability of supplies, textbooks, and classroom equipment requisite to successful teaching of assigned classes.
- Submits progress reports on students for counseling, athletic oversight, and record keeping purposes and discusses with counselors and other appropriate personnel any problems of students which may require special attention.
- Adheres to College policies and procedures.
- Master's Degree in ESL or related field required.
- Some teaching experience is required.
- Official college transcripts must be submitted prior to interview. Additional official transcripts must be submitted to Human Resources upon hire.
- Must be able to teach intermediate – higher level ESL courses.
- Experience teaching at the community college level preferred.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Teaching experience at the community college level.
- Certification or license as needed and appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduates.
- Willingness to use alternative educational delivery systems and instructional techniques.
- Commitment to incorporation of library, computers, writing, and culturally diverse perspective into the curriculum.
- Knowledge of competency-based education.
- Commitment to the practice of providing for out-of-class interaction with students
- Fundamental competency in the use of information technology.
- Commitment to continued assessment of the teaching-learning process and its outcomes.
- Commitment to continual professional growth and development.
- Demonstrated mastery of subject matter of discipline.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This position's duties are normally performed in a typical interior/residence work environment, based on the activity scheduled.
- Some physical effort required; however, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Some travel required.
Union County College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, religion, age, disability, handicap or other legally protected status in its provision of employment, education, and activities, or other services.
Union County College is an EEO/AAP Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Contact: Post your information at the Human Resources at: https://ucc.peopleadmin.com/ and send an email to Elizabeth.email@example.com (Director, IIE)