Location: Off-site location in Borough Park, Brooklyn.
Times: Two evenings a week; 6-9pm.
The Adult Learning Center at NYC College of Technology, CUNY is seeking a creative part-time evening counselor to work at our offsite location in Borough Park, Brooklyn. The counselor will work two evenings a week, from 6-9 PM, with the possibility of additional hours at the college or other satellite locations.
- Provide academic, personal, and vocational support and advisement to students
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive referral list
- Maintain and update detailed records of counseling sessions
- Assist in the planning and delivery of student workshops and information sessions
- Provide support with registration, testing, and orientation of new students
- Work closely with instructors and administrative staff to meet program objectives
- BA in counseling or related field, MA preferred
- At least two years providing counseling / case management to adult immigrants, preferably in grant-funded literacy programs
- Bilingual Spanish / English strongly preferred. Knowledge of Bengali, Polish, Arabic or Chinese a plus.
- Experience working with diverse groups of adult immigrants
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and oral communication skills
- Well-organized and discreet in dealing with student issues
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- BEST Plus certified or available for training
Salary range $32-35 / hour, depending on experience and qualifications. Please send letter and resume to Leah Clay-Youman,